Dec 3, 2019
When you fail or keep hitting roadblocks, what do you do? How
many times are you supposed to get back up again and keep going?
What's the number?
Our guest, Richard Citrin, has a background in
Psychology and has an alphabet soup of letters associated with his
name - Ph.D., MBA, L-M-N-O-P. He's got it all, he's ready to share
what he knows on leadership on resilience; on just being tough as
nails and how you can make it to success.
What's In Store For You
- [05:27] How does stress affect us and why is
it important to manage it?
- [06:30] Richard shares what motivated him to
write The Resilience Advantage.
- [07:38] Why does Richard frame stress as
"neutral" when most individuals view it negatively?
- [08:33] How does our defense mechanism, borne
from our ancestors, affect us and our stress negatively?
- [10:55] Richard discloses how "navigation"
helps alleviate negative stress from an unexpected incident.
- [11:35] "Mindfulness" is an important
positive psychology process that helps people bring their stress
from negative to neutral.
- [14:29] What can Richard advice to people who
are so "busy" that they can't find time to prepare?
- [16:52] What is the next generation of leaders
- [18:50] As an emerging or aspiring leader,
what can I do to prepare myself for that role?
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- The Resilience Advantage:
Stop Managing Stress and Find Your Resilience by Richard
Citrin, Ph.D. and Alan Weiss, Ph.D.;
- Strategy-Driven Leadership:
The Playbook for Developing Your Next Generation of Leaders by
Richard Citrin, Ph.D. and Michael A. Couch;
- Your 2020 Roadmap
workshop by Robert Kennedy III;
Simple Strategies to Get Paid For Public Speaking webinar
by Robert Kennedy III (with an additional freebie to be shared
during the webinar!);
- Speak Write
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com - send
your questions and comments;
- Voice message
- hear your voice on-air!
- The RK3 Show
Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks.
Be a patron of this show!)