May 7, 2019
In this episode, we have the founder of the Public Speakers
Association, author of 7 books, winner of the global mentorship
award for the Evolutionary Business Council, Tonya Hofmann!
She shares why she decided to start the Public Speakers
Association as well as valuable tips on becoming a paid speaker.
Tonya has a story, let’s hear it.
What’s In Store For You
- [02:54] What made Tonya decide to start her own Speakers
- [04:28] Tonya guides us through the process of marketing
speakers and how social media plays a critical part.
- [06:14] She gives input on what a new speaker needs to do in
order to gain an organization’s interest to market them.
- [08:08] How do you get people to talk about you WITHOUT
- [09:57] What are the platforms I need to be on as a
- [12:27] How can posting videos help speakers get heard or gain
- [14:56] Where should speakers navigate their business or topics
to make their own mark/brand?
- [15:40] How to bridge the gap between what you are passionate
about vs. what people want to hear?
- [17:13] How can one begin to make money as a speaker?
- [18:12] Tonya’s shocking input on how getting a gig as a
keynote speaker actually makes you less money.
- [21:14] Where can you connect with Tonya?
- Influence: The Psychology of
Persuasion by Robert Cialdini, PhD
Speakers Association – you can connect with Tonya on this
Write Now Community;
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com –
send your questions and comments;
message – leave me a message, I want to hear your
- The RK3 Show
Patreon page (be a patron of this show and get patron