Jun 16, 2020
"Words have power. What you say, you create." -
One of the guests in a podcast I hosted way back 2014,
Alicia Dunams is a good friend and has an amazing
way with words. She's a bestselling author who has written numerous
books and, for the past 10 years, has been helping others write
their own bestseller!
She works with busy leaders and aspiring authors who want to
birth a bestseller in a weekend. She's a big believer in
communication, storytelling, and the power of words. Learn how you
can harness the power of words to transform lives in Episode 65 of
The RK3 Show!
- [05:58] Alicia has written and published
several books; she shares what made her fall in love with the
- [07:45] In the Bestseller In A Weekend
workshop, what is a takeaway for the attendees that wonderfully
- [09:12] Alicia shares a powerful case study
from one of the attendees in her workshop.
- [10:16] How can the "Hero's Journey" help one
find their story to tell?
- [11:21] How does the Bestseller In A Weekend
workshop create a "container" of urgency + supportive community to
come up with an amazing story?
- [12:06] What advice can Alicia give to people
who have great stories yet do not know how to tease it out of
- [14:15] What is one way an aspiring author can
find out what their target customer needs?
- [16:12] What is the "power of words" from
- [17:23] Alicia shares a poignant example on
how using the words "I get to" instead of "I have to"
helped a woman power through loss.
- [21:57] How should you reframe an apology
("I'm sorry") to make it more sincere and powerful?
- [23:43] Why shouldn't we use the phrases "I'm
disappointed" and "I can't"?
- [25:47] How can shifting from "Did it happen
to me?" or "Did it happen for me" helps you shift from
victim to champion in your story?
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
Goal Digger: Lessons Learned From The Rich Men I Dated by
"I Get To": How Using the Right Words Can Radically Transform Your
Life, Relationships & Business by Alicia Dunams;
- Alicia Dunams' webpage;
- Bestseller In A
Devotionals - If you want motivation, inspiration, a spiritual
pick-me-up to start your day;
- FREE 5-day
Signature Story Course;
Storyteller's Growth Lab - learn how you can grow in your
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com - send
your questions and comments;
message - hear your voice on-air!
- Guide on how to leave a
review for The RK3 Show;
- The RK3 Show
Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks. Be a
patron of this show!)