Mar 24, 2020
How many obstacles have you had to overcome in pursuit of your
dream? Does your mind control you or do you control your mind?
Our guest this week was a running back for the Pittsburgh
Steelers and the Chicago Bears. He also became known as an ESPN
analyst for 21 years, a cancer survivor, and is now an
inspirational speaker who has an amazing story.
Merril Hoge has a story, let's hear it!
- [04:38] Merril talks about his transition from
the NFL to his post-NFL career.
- [05:52] What made Merril decide to pursue the
path of an NFL player?
- [07:24] One of four things was always said to
Merril about his dreams of becoming an NFL player.
- [08:16] What was Merril's first "Moment of
Truth" in life?
- [09:52] He walks us through one of the darkest
moments in his life - living with the Big C.
- [10:56] How can one change his life and
circumstances? What should one focus on?
- [12:44] Merill shares that we can be an
inspiration and motivation to people in our life.
- [15:37] How does Merril capture and maintain
the attention of people as a professional speaker?
- [17:01] Why does Merril see himself more of a
"Messenger" than a "Speaker"?
- [18:47] Messages that are told in stories -
how is this used as a great tool for getting people to connect with
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- Asana - a great project
management tool, best for virtual teams!
- Find a Way: Three Words That
Changed My Life by Merril Hoge;
- Merril Hoge's
Storyteller's Growth Lab - learn how you can grow in your
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com - send
your questions and comments;
- Voice message
- hear your voice on-air!
- Guide on how to leave a
review for The RK3 Show;
- The RK3 Show
Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks.
Be a patron of this show!)