Jun 9, 2020
What stories do people tell when they see you? What story do you
tell when you see people? What lens shares the best photo and
insight into your story?
Growing up in a household of drug addicts and being a former
felon himself, who would have ever imagined our guest ever getting
past these challenges and thriving?
He’s an author. He’s a nationally published, award-winning,
corporate and commercial photographer. He was born and raised in
Newark, New Jersey where his interest for being an entrepreneur was
With 20 years of experience as an entrepreneur, J. Haleem’s
company “I Won’t Starve, LLC” provides education and
training focused on entrepreneurship and career development. Let’s
learn and be inspired by J.
Haleem Washington‘s story in Episode
63 of The RK3 Show.
- [07:06] J. Haleem shares the greatest
challenges he’s faced and how he used those experiences to
- [08:40] In spite of being a former felon, how
has he managed to work with high-profile clients such as Save the
Children, the National Guard, WNBA Star Asha Wilson.
- [10:27] What did J. Haleem have that gave him
the confidence to approach celebrities (like Ice Cube) and offer
his services as a photographer?
- [13:40] Why is the adage “Don’t Judge The Book
By Its Cover” applicable to J. Haleem’s life?
- [14:48] How is he able to capture and help
bring out people’s stories through his camera’s lens?
- [15:42] J. Haleem shares how his hard work,
desire, and the inspiration from his mentors made him a sought
- [18:09] He shares the story behind his camera
and how his pastor started him on his path.
- [19:05] J. Haleem does not take his own shots;
what is the principle behind that?
- [20:50] Despite being strangers, how can a
client help his photographer understand and bring out the story
that they want to tell?
- [22:21] What is the core message behind “I
Won’t Starve, LLC”?
- [23:43] What is the main advice that J. Haleem
has for someone who is struggling with a greatness mindset, trying
to get out yet does not know how to make it?
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- Ordinary Heroes: A
Novel by Scott Turow;
- I Won’t Starve by J
- J Haleem’s webpage;
- J Haleem Media’s LinkedIn
- FREE 5-day
Signature Story Course;
Storyteller’s Growth Lab – learn how you can grow in your
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com –
send your questions and comments;
message – hear your voice on-air!
- Guide on how to leave a
review for The RK3 Show;
- The RK3 Show
Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks.
Be a patron of this show!)