Jul 2, 2019
We have a world champion on our show
today! He is the 1995 World Champion of Public
Speaking champion who built his dream in the US after
he and his family migrated from Jamaica. He is also an awesome
coach, keynote speaker, all around inspiring person – a man who
proved that persevering and succeeding against the odds is possible
even with just $40 in his pocket!
Mark Brown has a story, let’s hear it!
What’s In Store For You
- [04:04] Mark takes us through his family’s journey towards the
American dream with $40 in his pocket.
- [05:05] Mark could never forget his father’s statement in the
embassy about opportunity and risks.
- [06:55] How did Mark’s parents instill the success mentality in
- [07:33] What is the value of education to Mark and his family
- [10:33] What was going through Mark’s mind during the 1995
Public Speaking championship?
- [11:53] How was David Brooks, the 1990 World Champion in Public
Speaking, instrumental in Mark’s win?
- [13:07] What was the “make-or-break” decision that Mark made
three weeks before the World Championship?
- [15:08] Mark shares how the 1995 Public Speaking Championship
transformed his life.
- [16:35] Excellence and overcoming fears – how did Mark narrow
his focus on these topics for corporations?
- [17:21] What is Mark’s most requested keynote to this day (for
more than 23 years)?
- [18:53] How does he help his clients identify what their
- [20:00] How long does it typically take for Mark’s coaching
clients to find their message or to narrow it down?
SUBSCRIBE to The RK3 Show On:
- The 5 Second Rule: Transform
Your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage –
- Mark Brown’s website – videos,
articles, and where he can be found around the world ;
Write Now Community;
- podcast(at)robertkennedy3.com –
send your questions and comments;
message – hear your voice on-air!
- The RK3 Show
Patreon page (Help us keep this show going and get perks.
Be a patron of this show!)